God’s Lily wanted to know what was she needed to teach. in terms of subjects. Her idea was to ask for a divine download to give ideas about what subjects to cover. The download she had surprised her. it was not a list of subjects it was a lot broader than that. That is why she started calling them dimensions of training. You can see the download after the diagram.
- Initiation training – This covers the basics that will help them go forwards. This includes the idea that they are accepted and loved and other basic concepts that will build a good foundation in their lives. For Christians, one basic skill that they really need to master is how to listen to the voice of God as how do you follow someone when you struggle to hear them.
- Recognition training – This covers recognising who they are and what they are capable of doing. It includes uncovering their gifts and talents. As well as that it is necessary to work out what their strengths and weaknesses are so that they can truly fulfil their potential.
- Impartation training – This includes what others have passed on to them in terms of spiritual gifts. Not just gifts though but how to use the spiritual tools (or what some people call weapons). There is a wealth of techniques and tactics that different churches use in prayer. There is a lot that can be learnt from each other hence the idea of impartation.
- Embarkation training – This includes how to set off on the journey towards building ministries and businesses. There are all sorts of practicalities that can be covered here including things like how to set up an appropriate legal structure for what you want to do. In the UK this would include setting up a charity or a limited company and looking at which of these legal structures suits what you are doing best. It also means helping people set up an embryo organisation that will grow into the type of organisation they want it to become.
- Perspiration training – This includes how to do the actual work and supporting those who are putting in the effort of building. All sorts of things here including marketing, setting up systems and other business type skills. Then there needs to be the opportunity for people in particular fields of endeavour to share best practice such as how do you be a godly teacher in a secular teaching environment.
That is obviously a lot more than just a list of subjects. In one sense as God’s Lily saw many needs around her that could be met by teaching others so so her real fear was not missing anything out. By listing five broad categories it was easier to work out what was needed.
It sounds good but what is it. The best description seems to be dimensions. Why dimensions? It seems a strange word. Don’t training courses cover subject areas and topics? This really was not her idea. God was showing it to her as she wrote it out for the first time. She finally had a means of describing the ideas that had been percolating for years thanks to that download of words.
One thing that amazed her about this download was that after she wrote it down she kept seeing more and more things in it, things that she had not seen previously. For example, the fact that impartation is the middle of five dimensions could say something about this being at the heart of all the training offered.
It is obviously a progression from novice to accomplished and is remarkably like the process that Jesus used with his disciples. He had chosen them, (initiation). He had trained them to use their gifts. (recognition). He had prepared them to receive power from on high, (impartation). One of the things Jesus told his disciples to do was to wait for power from on high. It was only after they had received that power that they could get started with their ministries. It was the experience of Pentecost that gave them a flying start, (embarkation). It was later that the perspiration dimension kicked in.
Putting it into practice
One of the things Susan already knew was that there were a number of secular organisations that taught practical skills like how to set up a business or how to market a product. They did not have the impartation dimension. On the other hand, the church specialises in teaching things in the impartation dimension. Sadly it is not that common for them to be brought together in a way that makes sense.
Susan’s desire is to see more multi-dimensional training. Especially training that would lead to her dream community becoming a reality. That is the dream of what would happen when Lily’s Place became fully operational.
Her first thought was set up a blog and add posts every time she discovered a new website or book or something else that would be useful. To gather that sort of information in the sort of quantity she wanted to do sounded like a lot of hard work. She had other things to do like write the occasional book. In fact, she got started and then wrote a book which meant writing posts for the blog fell by the wayside. That was not the best of plans.
Her second thought was to set up some forums. The idea was that she would still share what she found but so could other people. You can find the index for the forums here.